Reminder From The U.S. Department Of Labor/Wage And Hour Division

  1. The Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA) requires a contractor to obtain federal certification prior to performing any farm labor contracting activities.  Generally, the MSPA applies to any person (or business) who recruits, solicits, hires, employs, furnishes, or transports migrant or seasonal agricultural workers (the MSPA refers to these activities as “farm labor contracting activities”).  Persons employed by farm labor contractors (farm labor contractor employees) to perform such activities on behalf of the contractor are also required to register with the U.S. Department of Labor.  To register or obtain more information please click here.    Or if you are unsure if MSPA law applies to you, please click here.
  1. Have you or anyone you know, recently began employing workers under the federal H-2A program?  If so, make sure you and those you know are on top of all of the H-2A program requirements!  Visit here for more information!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s